TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Any more info on how/where the rear arms break?
People Seeking Info

Subject Any more info on how/where the rear arms break?

Posted by Polishzx on December 02, 2023 at 2:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 142 times.

In Reply To Poly FUCA bushings all collapse on the inboard side, rears posted by Bernie (NoVA) on December 01, 2023 at 08:16 PM

Message I'm less concerned about the issues with the FUCA considering the FUCA bushing design is slightly different than anything else Whiteline offers, and also the Z's FUCA is unique how it twists. Not trying to apologize for them for a bad design, but I'm still confident in the actual polyurethane material and the design of the rear-end bushings, which are just big half chunks of polyurethane that you slide in by hand, very simple to lubricate. The rear lower control bushings do have to be pressed in and might be more similar to the FUCA design, but I don't think they're under any of that same twisting load the FUCAs are.

I have zero noise right now. If the bushings begin to make any noise whatsoever, that will cause me to lose my mind and re-grease or figure out a different solution. I used Mobilgrease XHP 222 Special which is the version with molybdenum. I'll give honest feedback if they start to give me any trouble at all as I really can't put up with any weird sounds or feeling.

Lastly for what its worth, Whiteline bushings are generally very favorably reviewed amongst other car forums and communities. Not impossible to find negative reviews about them but I would say 80% of the feedback I've seen on the net about them have been positive.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.